Friday, June 7, 2013

1 year and 3 days later

I posted this 3 days late, thus the 1 year 3 days title. It has been a whole year since my interview in Juarez and since I got my 9cii, 10 year ban. It has been a crazy journey since then but I am so happy where we are at now. God is so amazing that the morning after I got the ban I had breakfast with an amazing family telling me how wonderful Mexicali is. And here we are now. My husband works at a place he likes and gets along great with everyone. We live in a nice little house that finally feels like home and are making lots of new friends and church. I just can't complain about a thing and I am so thankful for that. When I walked out of the appointment and back into the hotel, I barely made it into the room and just feel to my knees and cried. I then went into the bathroom so my daughter wouldn't see me and just let it all out. I went back and laid in bed with my little family just crying and wondering what on earth we were going to do.

We talked about living in Mexico City but we both just hate it out there, that was not an option. In Queretaro we did really like it there but there is no work there. All the husbands have to travel all over the country for work and we wanted to be together. If we wanted to live there we had to open up our own business and with no money that was also out.  I began to search border living but had heard so many terrible things that it really made me nervous to live there. I thought of all the violence and knew I wanted some place I could raise my family without having to worry about getting hit by a stray bullet dropping my kids of at school.

Then it happened, God sent us the family to talk about Mexicali and it just sounded amazing, and I have yet to be disappointed. It is hot here but only for 3-4 months out of the year. The rest of the year its really nice weather. I feel secure here and we are starting out again from absolute zero, not even a bed or anything and a TON of debt. It has been almost 9 months since I first got here and slowly but surly we are getting back on our feet. I think it will take at least one more year from now until we are in a good place but I thank God for all of our blessings and we have all we need and then some. It's crazy how life works. I never thought I would be living in Mexico, on the border, raising my family. But here we are!

And this month I celebrate 7 amazing years with my husband and next month our daughter turns 4. We will finally be together to celebrate everything as we should and just be happy! As always, life is amazing and God is good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment